Search
Close this search box.

Terminal News

QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil to sell Golden Pass LNG

Written by...

Picture of Meenal Datar

Meenal Datar

Membership specialist

Qatar’s state-owner petroleum company, QatarEnergy, and multinational oil and gas corporation, ExxonMobil, have agreed to market and sell the liquified natural gas (LNG) produced by Golden Pass LNG. Both companies currently hold shares in Golden Pass LNG, located in Texas, USA.

The construction of Golden Pass LNG is well underway, with first LNG production expected by the end of 2024. The plant will have a total production capacity in excess of 18 million tonnes of LNG  per annum.

As per the agreement, QatarEnergy, will offtake, transport, and trade 70% of the LNG produced by Golden Pass LNG. ExxonMobil has been given the remaining 30%.

Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, the minister of state for energy affairs and president and CEO of QatarEnergy, says: ‘This agreement is an important addition to our efforts to meet demand for cleaner energy and to support the economic and environmental requirements for a practical, equitable and realistic energy transition.’

‘Independently marketing these Golden Pass volumes will generate increased value and flexibility across ExxonMobil’s growing global LNG portfolio,’ adds Peter Clarke, head of ExxonMobil’s LNG business.

 

Share this article:

Latest terminal news