Search
Close this search box.

Terminal News

Woodside approves investment in Trion development

Written by...

Picture of Molly Cooper

Molly Cooper

Journalist at Tank Storage Magazine.
An oil rig at sunset

Australian petroleum exploration and production company, Woodside Energy has made a final investment decision to develop the large, high-quality Trion resource in Mexico, with the first oil targeted for 2028.

Read more on Woodside Energy 

The resource will be developed through a floating production unit (FPU) with an oil production capacity of 100,000 barrels per day. The FPU will be connected to a floating storage and offloading (FSO) vessel with a capacity of 950,000 barrels of oil.

The development is subject to joint venture approval and regulatory approval of the field development plan. Woodside is operator with a 60% participating interest and PEMEX Exploración y Producción (PEMEX) holds the remaining 40%.

Share this article:

Latest terminal news